Moore & Van Allen PLLC is pleased to announce that Chambers & Partners has ranked seven firm practice groups and 24 firm attorneys in the 2017 edition of its legal directory Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Moore & Van Allen’s Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practice groups earned Band 1 top-tier recognition in the 2017 directory, which was released on May 26. Additionally, the firm’s Intellectual Property and Litigation practice groups, along with the finance arm of the firm’s Real Estate group, were ranked in this year’s guide.
In addition to Moore & Van Allen’s practice group rankings, Chambers & Partners recognized 24 attorneys as leaders in their respective practice areas for North Carolina recognition, including:
· Carol Ewald Bowen, Member – Healthcare
· Jefferson (Jeff) W. Brown, Member – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
· *Ernest (Mike) S. DeLaney, III, Counsel – Corporate/M&A
· David L. Eades, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
· Jeffrey (Jeff) W. Glenney, Member – Real Estate
· Jeremy H. Godwin, Member – Corporate/M&A
· Stephen E. Gruendel, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
· Arlene D. Hanks, Member – Intellectual Property
· *George V. Hanna, III, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
· J. Richard Hazlett, Member – Banking & Finance
· Stephen (Steve) D. Hope, Member – Corporate/M&A
· James (Jim) W. Hovis, Member – Banking & Finance
· Dickson M. Lupo, Member – Intellectual Property
· Valecia M. McDowell, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
· Karin M. McGinnis, Member – Labor & Employment
· Peter J. McGrath Jr., Member – Environment
· C. Wayne McKinzie, Member – Banking & Finance
· James (Jim) P. McLoughlin, Jr., Member – Litigation: General Commercial
· Thomas (Tom) L. Mitchell, Member – Banking & Finance
· Thomas (Tom) D. Myrick, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
· J. Christopher (Chris) Oates, Member – Real Estate
· Alan W. Pope, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
· Charles (Trey) R. Rayburn, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
· James R. Wyche, Member – Corporate/M&A
*Indicates attorney has been named a “Senior Statesman” by Chambers.
Chambers USA annually ranks leading law firms and lawyers in a wide range of practice areas across the nation. The rankings and accompanying editorial commentary are based on in-depth, client-focused research. Chambers’ findings are used widely for referral purposes. Moore & Van Allen’s complete list of 2017 rankings can be found here, and additional information on Chambers can be found here.
About Moore & Van Allen
Moore & Van Allen PLLC (www.mvalaw.com) is one of the largest law firms in the Southeast, with nearly 300 attorneys and offices in Charlotte and Research Triangle, North Carolina, and Charleston, South Carolina. The attorneys at Moore & Van Allen provide sophisticated legal services within their nationally recognized Litigation, Corporate, Finance and Intellectual Property law practices for international banks and manufacturers, energy leaders, and growing healthcare and technology companies. The Firm is comprised of 23 primary industry and practice groups. Moore & Van Allen is the only Charlotte-based law firm identified in the prestigious “Am Law 200” list. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers recognized Moore & Van Allen in their 2017 “Best Law Firms” rankings, both regionally and nationally.