The Fresh Market is a specialty neighborhood grocery store focused on providing fresh, delicious food with friendly service in a warm and inviting atmosphere. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional-quality meat and seafood, signature baked goods and carefully curated organics, the grocer inspires its guests to make everyday eating extraordinary.
WHAT/WHEN: The Fresh Market’s “Flavors of Italy"
This March, The Fresh Market will host “Flavors of Italy,” celebrating the country’s colorful flavors and beloved cuisine. Guests will find inspiration throughout the store from a selection of The Fresh Market’s hand-picked, Italian classics that will be sure to make any meal bravissimo!
- Artisan Pasta: From the mountainous terrain of Umbria, where the cuisine is hearty and soulful, comes The Fresh Market’s Artisan Pasta. Bronze-die cut and slowly dried into sturdy shapes to hold your favorite sauce, this artisan-crafted delicacy comes from the Bartolini family, an enterprise 150 years strong.
- Ciabatta Bread: With a thin crust and open, airy pockets inside, The Fresh Market’s ciabatta is shaped and scored by hand and baked fresh in store. Enjoy this light, yet hearty bread with dips, spreads and cheese.
- Fresh Mozzarella: The Fresh Market’s hand-made mozzarella is a creamy delight with a texture perfect for caprese salads.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Made in Parma, The Fresh Market’s salty and sharp cheese is aged a minimum of 18 months before it is evaluated to ensure it meets the highest standards of export quality. Those that pass the inspection are given a seal and the wheels are left to carefully mature in Italy for a minimum of 24 months. Only the highest quality wheels are shipped to The Fresh Market’s stores.
- Gelato: Made in Italy with an authentic recipe, The Fresh Market’s gelato boasts simple ingredients with a burst of flavor! This gelato is slow churned in small batches and quickly frozen to maintain its rich, creamy texture.
- Tiramisu: Delicate and creamy, The Fresh Market’s tiramisu is made with mascarpone and ladyfingers imported from Italy. Complemented by subtle coffee and coffee liqueur flavors and lightly dusted with cocoa, this is an indulgent treat.
- Cannoli: Crunchy and creamy in the same scrumptious bite, the crispy cannoli shells are flavored with cinnamon and honey and filled with a creamy, sweetened ricotta mixture studded with chocolate chips.
The Fresh Market’s 178 store locations will offer guests a taste of Italian-inspired favorites throughout the store March 8-14 and 22-28, in addition to hosting weekend sampling events:
Saturday, March 11 from 1-5 p.m.
- Sampling of Mama Mancini Meatballs and Parmesan cheese
Sunday, March 12 from 1-5 p.m.
- Sampling of mozzarella, grape tomato and basil skewer with balsamic vinegar; bakery bruschetta bread with deli bruschetta; Mama Mancini Meatballs
Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26 from 1-5 p.m.
- Sampling of Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil with bread; gelato; bakery bruschetta bread with deli bruschetta topping; cannoli and tiramisu
Guests are also encouraged to visit thefreshmarket.com/flavorsofitaly for recipes, inspiration and more to celebrate the “Flavors of Italy” at home!
WHERE: The Fresh Market’s 178 store locations nationwide
For local store information, please visit: thefreshmarket.com/your-market-store-locator.